Who we are:
Muni is a fintech start-up working to revolutionize the way for employees to make business expenditures and companies to manage their expenses. We are marrying smart company cards with advanced expense management software so that expenses become a breeze for companies that suffer millions of dollars in expense management costs every year.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter and experienced software engineer who loves to learn new things on their own for getting things done.
- You are able to make progress towards collective goals with minimal guidance.
- You are comfortable with working in a fast-paced work environment.
- You are someone who prioritizes the team and the collective goals.
- You can teach, mentor, and lead other software team members to make sure that collective goals are achieved.
- You are a proven communicator with technology and business partners at various levels
- You do not hesitate to ask for help when needed.
- You are passionate about building something of your own!
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team as a Lead Software Engineer. This position will play a vital role in the future of Muni since you will be working on developing our core backend and frontend architecture while collaborating with our team. You will have the chance to join a disrupting start-up at an early stage and have the freedom to put into action your ideas, skills, and instincts. Since you will play a key role in helping build our web applications, we are looking for someone with a track record of building web applications.
What you have:
- An exacting attention to detail and the talent and enthusiasm for producing highly usable and scalable web software solutions.
- A strict sense of responsibility and commitment to the collective goals and other team members.
- Ability to work with others to set project and feature requirements including work timelines.
· Ability to provide documentation for product features that you help implement.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with building web applications or services
- Strong experience with at least one RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with the following technologies: React JS, Redux, Sass or SCSS, REST, JSON, and jQuery
- A genuine interest in working in a Fintech start-up!
- Proficiency in creating and consuming RESTful services
- Knowledge of Django REST framework
- Knowledge of authorization frameworks, particularly OAuth 2
- Experience with deploying web applications to production
- Experience with React Native
- Understanding of Agile software development principles, including experience participating in a Scrum-based delivery team
- Ability to diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
- Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs
- Experience in implementing A/B Tests
- Experience in web application security analysis and resolution
- Passion to recruit, hire and build high performance engineering teams
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based and discretionary stock options
- Chance to work in a modern office with fun and dedicated colleagues (we are not remote!)
- Monthly commuting and lunch stipend
- Company perks