Syntonym is a deep-tech startup working on 2D-3D Face Reconstruction Based in Istanbul and London.
Focused on Protecting people’s privacy.
We’re a fast-growing, innovative, and technology pusher with ethical manners. We’re looking for a backend engineer to help us to build and scale the services that power our products. This is a chance to have a real impact and make a difference to the way we code, our culture, and the products that are built at Syntonym.
What you need to join us:
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or relevant experience, with a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- Ideally 1+ years of Python backend or NodeJS experience, experience in video/image processing or any document processing is a big plus
- Experience with large-scale distributed database systems ( SQL or NoSQL, e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience with the full development lifecycle, including understanding customers’ needs, architecture, design, coding, testing, and delivery
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, distributed Architecture
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain APIs, microservices/services for our clients, and customer base to shine out Syntonym AI core, designing for quality, robustness, and scale.
- Design and implement product features e.g. schedule task, queue management, audit profiling.
- Participate in work related to next-generation video/image anonymization and work with a world-leading and experienced team.
- Support the Syntonym product development team in implementing customer requirements.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Fundamental concepts of Machine Learning is a bonus
- Experience in image/video processing
- Proficiency with Python
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- Experience in some of the MQ technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Distributed Architecture
Check-out before apply,
- We’re working remotely under a pandemic situation for now but we are waiting to work closely when lockdowns are over.
- If you did not yet watch Bigbang2020! take a glance at Youtube.
- We’re passionate about learning and development and will do everything we can to maximize your personal and career growth.
- Our office located at İTÜ Çekirdek – Maslak – İstanbul.
- Ideally, you should be able to work in Istanbul Office or be able to commute. Candidates outside of Istanbul who are interested in relocating will be considered.
- Our interview process normally begins with a short phone call. Following this will be an informal 1-hour video call with our Head of Engineering to discuss your experience. The process will end with a 1-hour video call aimed at working collaboratively to solve a technical problem, meet other team members from the product.